Breaking Dawn: Part 1 – Best and Worst Bits
November 21, 2011
- Rosalie hefting the log benches in preparation for the royal vampire wedding
- ALL of Jessica’s lines – especially her toast
- Charlie’s wedding toast
- Bella’s line to Edward “What, you’re not a virgin?”
- Edward’s lips were less red and smiled more often. Yay!
- The waterfall jump. Though I would have preferred a non-white bikini.
- The added scene with Esme, Carlisle, and Emmett going off hunting. Though why the f*** did Esme need saving??? Notice a pattern here, despite the claims that Twi-females are sooo strong….?
- The flashback, montage scenes.
- The music.
- Bella does not give a wedding toast. I know, I know, to do so wouldn’t really be in keeping with her character, but I wanted to hear her speech nonetheless.
- The line “It’s like this miracle or something, I can feel HIM.” ….AND the entire framing of the pregnancy as a “godsend” accompanied by NO questioning of why Bella sees the baby as male. Hello? Patriarchy much?!?
- Leah’s acting – sorry, but, NOT GOOD.
- Esme’s sandwiches – silly, silly, silly. And framed Leah as even more bitchy. Take the damn sandwich, Leah!
- Edward touching the MIRACLE stomach and hearing “the baby.” Ugh. Gag me with a werewolf.
- The imprinting scenes. Gross. Gross. Total gross.
- The Volturi closing scene. Was it supposed to seem like a parody? Or serious? Whatever they were aiming for, it didn’t hit the mark. Well, unless they were trying to up the violence against women quotient…